Photochromic, also known as transitional lenses are a great choice if you work in various lighting conditions and want a single piece of eyewear to cover both. I.e. you need protection during the daytime but want to use the same glasses during the evening when it gets dark.
Although the implementation may differ by manufacturer photochromic lenses rely on a chemical reaction triggered by UV rays to change the darkness of the lens. Cheaper lenses will be slow to transition and not have a great range of light to dark whereas the higher end lenses such as the Inferno from Gatorz will be the opposite.
The Gatorz Inferno is a much improved version of their original photochromic lens featuring quicker transition times over a greater range of light and dark. Another nice touch is that the photochromic dye is encapsulated in the lens itself which extends the lifespan of the product whilst protecting it from the elements. Compare this to traditional photochromic lenses where the coating is on the exterior of the lens.
- Lenses will take approximately 30-45 seconds to transition to dark.
- Lenses will take approximately 45-60 seconds to transition to clear.
- Inferno lenses need direct exposure to UV light to transition from light to dark. Being in a vehicle, covering with a hat or helmet or standing in heavy shade will prevent the lens from transitioning.
- Gatorz Inferno lenses have a lifespan of 2-3 years
- MADE IN THE USA
- 7075 BILLET AIRCRAFT ALUMINUM
- DUAL SIDED - 5 BARREL HINGES
- CLASSIC 4 - RIVET SYSTEM
- TRURAY OPTICS
- 100% UV PROTECTION
- COMPRESSION LASER CUT
- ADJUSTABLE FRAME
- WRAP STYLE
- FRAME WIDTH - 135 (MM)
- LENS HEIGHT - 35 (MM)
- LENS WIDTH - 75 (MM)
- DBL= 16.7mm
We stand behind the products we sell. If your not satisfied for any reason you can return your purchase for a full refund or exchange within 30 days of receipt.
Glasses must be returned within this period and be unused and in factory new condition. All extras including cases, cleaning cloth and box must also be returned. Glasses that are returned damaged, scratched or incomplete will be refused, so take care of them!